Google just talked about it’s latest Android operating system Android L on Google I/O conference. There are lots of cool features on Android L and it also features a new layout called Material Design. If you want to get your hand on the latest Android L, we are going to show you how to do it.
Before installing Android L, your device must be rooted and ADB and fastboot must be installed. If your device completes this criteria, follow these steps.
- Download the factory image for your device and unzip the file.
- Connect your mobile to your computer via USB. Be sure to turn on the USB debugging mode ON.
- Open up a command line for ADB. Click here if you don’t know how to do it.
- Enter adb reboot bootloader to access your device’s bootloader.
- Go to the folder containing the factory image.
- Enter flash-all to run the installation script.
- It may take few minutes to run the script and few more minutes to boot. After the boot completes, you are ready to use the new Android L.
NOTE: Flashing your device will erase all your device data so backup all your data. We recommend truBackup to backup all your data.